That will take you to a stock, unrooted ROM, with stock recovery as well. Lock the bootloader stock ROM (firmware), and you’ll be completely back to normal. Despite the obstacles, flashing a factory image is the best option if you ever need to completely reset your device. It can also serve as the nuclear option if you’ve bricked your device and no other methods to fix it are working. Factory images come directly from the device manufacturers, and many don’t release them. Google and Motorola are among the major companies that do.
You can restart your phone and complete the setup to use the phone normally. The first and foremost advantage straight out spells out that you don’t have to wait for the OTA to land on your device.
- And while there’s definitely always room to improve for even the best of entities, Xiaomi is at a good spot as a smartphone OEM right now, one where they can be proud and humble at the same time.
- Whether that means going fully unrooted with a locked bootloader or just reverting to the stock ROM but keeping root access, you’ll find an option that works for you.
- Every year, the Chinese OEM splits efforts between the domestic and global update policies, and this year is no different.
- Following the official rollout of Android 10 back in September last year, Xiaomi showcased MIUI 11 at a launch event later that month.
- On the developer PC this issue is not happening with the tested devices.
Custom ROM gives a bloatware-free OS with near Stock Android UI and design. The enthusiast community has had a love/hate relationship with the dedicated Bixby button on the recent Samsung devices. Some like it as Bixby can actually do things that Google Assistant cannot (since it’s baked deeper into One UI) but there’s been an issue for those who want to use the button for something else. Many chose to use apps including bxActions or Tasker to get the job done. But with the release of the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and the Galaxy S10e they finally started to allow it. Sadly, it could not be remapped to the Google Assistant (or any other virtual assistant). Samsung’s One UI brings together several refinements, as well as Android Pie, to the custom UX present on Samsung devices.
You are the master/mistress of your domain… and hopefully you’ve learned a bit on the way and had some fun too. You can install these using your distribution’s package manager. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 USB Driver is 100% free since the Xiaomi community officially releases it for Xiaomi Mobile users. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 USB Driver is a free software primarily used to install the Xiaomi Drivers on the Windows Computer with a few clicks. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Smartphone is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 Chipset. Therefore, you have to install the Qualcomm USB Driver and the ADB Driver to connect the Smartphone to the Computer.